Thursday 11 August 2016

TRAVEL | CROATIA PHOTO DIARY


warning: picture heavy post coming up!



I'm wearing: ASOS BIKINI TOP (HERE) | ASOS CAT EYE SUNGLASSES | VINTAGE LEVI CUT OFFS 

DAY 1

We kicked of our Dalmatian adventure with a lazy day on the beach. My friend Tarah and I had agreed this would be a chilled holiday so we were happy to spend our first day lounging in the sun. Bacvice beach is absolutely tiny with about 20ft of sand but the beautiful blue sea and picturesque hills in the distance more than made up for it. Here I'm wearing a bikini top from Asos and some vintage Levi cut offs - this pair actually fit me around the waist and they actually covered my bum! In the evening, as it was Tarah's birthday we headed out to dinner and the embarked on Split's Ziggy Star pub crawl which ended at Bacvice Beach's Tropic Club.


DAY 2


As we (read I) were feeling slightly worse for wear the next day, we decided to take it easy with a visit to Split's Galerija Umjetnina Fine Art Gallery. Fuelled up on the local hangover food, Cevapi, we wandered around the gallery browsing the various temporary exhibitions.



I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to view Croatian socio-political history from a different perspective.





I'm wearing: ASOS CAT EYE SUNGLASSES | RIVER ISLAND COLD SHOULDER DRESS | H&M RUCKSACK | CONVERSE ALL STAR HIGH TOPS | 


DAY 3



Another slow and lazy day. We spent the day on the Riva drinking Prosecco, eating gelato and reading. We then headed back to our apartment for a nap before going out for dinner.



We stumbled on this cute family run Konoba which offered an array of authentic Dalmatian food. I had this gorgeous Cuttlefish stew served with Black linguine. The food was exquisite and the service was delightful, with the waitresses always ready to provide us with thorough explanations and recommendations. It was a little on the pricey side but I'd highly recommend it as it's a way from the hustle and bustle of the super touristy areas and it's clear the staff are passionate about the food rather than simply trying to gain maximum profit from tourists.


We then had a little wander of Diocletian's palace, stopping at Luxor Bar in the Peristyle Square. Luxor is such a unique bar in that they're tables are the square's steps and there's live music every night. It's simply magical.
I'm wearing: ZARA BACKLESS CAMI | LEVI CUT OFF SHORTS | TOPSHOP METALLIC HEEL SANDALS (HERE) | H&M BODY CHAIN 

DAY 4


We decided to make the short ferry trip to the next island, Brac. Unfortunately, a storm blew in that morning, meaning we had to battle torrential rain and strong winds to get to the port. Fortunately by the time we set sail, the storm had calmed a little meaning the ride was fairly smooth.


We arrived in Supetar, the main town in Brac, and hopped on a bus to the picturesque Bol. Although the sun did eventually come out, we weren't able to sunbathe on Zlatni Rat beach as we'd hoped but we had a nice wander around the super quaint town - we even stumbled upon a nudist beach!
I'm wearing: ZARA KNOT FRONT TOP  | VINTAGE LEVI SHORTS | CONVERSE ALL STAR HIGH TOPS



Brac was such a cute and quaint town with this beautiful white Brac stone everywhere. I tried to take a beautiful artsy shot on said stone but instead made friends with my photo - bomber.


DAY 4

On Sunday we did absolutely nothing. We napped, we ate, we watched Netflix.

DAY 5



We spent another day lounging on Bacvice beach. This time we even made it into the water and met some lovely fellow travellers on the beach.





That evening we headed out for dinner and a nice stroll along the Riva before heading back to our apartment to pack and get a little sleep before a day of travelling. 



I'm wearing: ZARA CULOTTES | TOPSHOP SANDALS & CROP TOP 



On the whole, I had a wonderful trip. It had been a pretty hectic few months culminating in having my phone stolen and being rejected for my dream job, so I really enjoyed the chance to slow down, take a breath and just reevaluate. Also, I evidently only wear Topshop & Zara clothes.

Have you guys been to Croatia? What did you think? Let me know in the comments section below! 

Keep up with my travels on Instagram 
|
Like this post? Never miss another post with bloglovin or follow MARTHADAHHLING on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your thoughts, so drop me a comment! :)

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign