Sunday 26 March 2017

LIFESTYLE | 4 TIPS TO BOOST PRODUCTIVITY





The 3 Task Rule

Being productive isn't just about getting lots done, but it's also about getting things done well. If you have more than 3 important tasks on your to do list either you'll rush through the list without giving proper attention to any one task or you'll beat yourself up at the end of the day because you couldn't get through your 10-task-long list. Cut yourself some slack and give 100% to each task by limiting yourself to 3 important tasks per day. If this sounds too daunting, list all the things you'd like to get done that day but mark the 3 most important tasks; endeavour to focus on those 3 tasks first, only tackling the other tasks on your list once you've handled your top 3.

Schedule it in

If I'm particularly busy or distracted, I like to schedule my day hour by hour - either I do this mentally or I write it down. I find giving tasks or activities a dedicated time slot helps me stay on track.

Eat the biggest frog first

Brian Tracy was on to something when he said 'eat the biggest frog first.' This trick not only helps you to tackle the hardest task on your to do list first but it kind of sets you up for success for the rest of the day. Whether it's a task that scares you (like actually writing your dissertation) or one that you hate doing (like folding laundry), tackling that dreaded task will put you in a positive frame of mind for the rest of the day and the the to-do list tasks ahead. Don't cop out and do an easy task first to ease yourself into the day, eat that frog!

Schedule in Downtime

This is non-negotiable; downtime is the most valuable time to me (some may say that I'm a 'lady of leisure'). Schedule in some downtime every single day - whether that's taking a hot bath at the end of the day, cooking yourself a delicious meal and really enjoying it, watching trashy TV, hitting the gym or the club. It helps you relax and switch off from your hectic day and prepares yourself for the day ahead. I also am a firm believer in the lazy Sunday.

What tips do you have for boosting productivity? 

Follow

Go behind the blog and follow me on INSTAGRAM
Martha xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your thoughts, so drop me a comment! :)

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign